Wow, it's been a while hasn't it? Well, I need to try and be better. As I've mentioned before, I tend to update my Livejournal more than this, so this tends to collect dust much faster so to speak.
But enough about that. Time for an update!!
So, as most of you know, today is my birthday, So far it has been pretty mellow. I went out to eat with the family and I've been hanging out with my brother. Mom has been out and about and my Dad has been at work all day. Tonight we're all gunna eat some cake and I'll open some gifts and maybe go watch Monsters Vs Aliens in the theaters. It depends on how the timing goes.
So yeah, all in all, a pretty low key. Not at ALL like it has been these past few days....*snicker*snort*
Okay, here's what's been happening. It all started Sunday night when Rachel asked me if I was looking forward to my birthday. Naturally i said yes. Then she started going off about how she was thinking "..about who to invite on Tuesday" and how our friend Matt really wanted to bake me a cake.
Then she paused.."Ohh...I shouldn't be telling you this..." She then tells me to "forget she said anything." Grinning, I agreed.
It didn't last long however. Monday, when I arrived at work and was putting my purse and sweat shirt in my locker, who am I to bump into? None other than Nathan Doyle of course! He eagerly asks me if I'm excited for Tuesday night. I blink at him in surprise not really knowing what to say. Immediately he regrets his words.
"Ohh... shouldn't have told you that...."
Of course by now I'm even more intrigued. All day at work I was grinning stupidly to myself in anticipation to this mystery gathering all the while feeling incredibly blessed to have such good friends.
That night I got an IM from a very eager Cheryl
"I'm invited right?"
>.> Not knowing what to say I reply "To what?" to which she quickly wraps up with a sheepish "Nevermind". XD
FINALLY Tuesday May 5th arrives. After many many MANY "subtle hints" of a surprise birthday party, it finally starts around 6pm. Rach and Matt ban me to my bedroom while they make my cake. I am granted my freedom at 7 and by 8pm, my apartment is filled with friends, old and new. ^_^
We played the card game BS, the "Hand tapping game" (I can't remember what its called) and Body Body...which is pretty much the best game invented. I think a lot of people know it as Murder in the Dark. Ohhh it's so fun!
After 5 rounds of Body Body, we all settled down and I put on Kung Fuu Panda. I just adore that movie.
Then around 12:30am, everyone left.
Yeah, I pretty much have the best friends ever. <3 <3 <3 <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm glad that you had a great day. Love you!
Post a Comment