Sunday, April 1, 2012

Has it really been a year since...?

March 31st 2012 marks the one year anniversary of Risa's death. Can you believe it's been that long? It seems like it happened just yesterday.

It still hardly seems real that she has truly moved on from this life. Even though she is gone I still have fond memories of her. I even saw her in a dream recently. I can't remember exactly what we talked about in the dream but what really stood out to me was how nice it was to see her lovely smile and her thick brown hair restored to how it was before her chemotherapy.

She is so beautiful.



She may be the "baby" of the family but her sisters all look up to her. :)



Risa literally means "Laughter" in Spanish. She has no trouble whatsoever living up to it.



Even when she was too weak to stand and she had to wear a wig, she still had countless reasons to smile.



She has four amazing sisters who cheer her on even now.



She is also my dear friend.



I miss her.

I know with all my heart that she is very happy and busy where she is and that she is no longer suffering in her frail sick body. She has touched my life in so many ways and continues to do so. I know her friends and especially her family would agree with me.

I love ya Risa. <3 I'll see you on the other side.

~Sarah

2 comments:

InkScratcher said...

This a beautiful tribute to who Risa is. Thank you for posting, Sarah!

Rebecca said...

I have dreams about her as well. We're always happy and laughing in those dreams.

Thank you so much for this post, Sarah. You have been and continue to be such a wonderful and caring friend to me and my family.