So, I stand corrected. Turns out I had no school after all yesterday. However, for reasons that are beyond me, they decided to open the campus for the day today.
Why? Well, because they foolishly closed the College yesterday when traffic and weather conditions were fine so today they are deciding to ignore the news/weather stations and open it despite the warnings. See, Yesterday the sun was shinning, some of the snow was melting, traffic was a bit slow, but it was ok for the most part.
Today, in about a half hour, our second winter storm is due to hit and traffic conditions will just get worse as the day rolls by. They're thinking the snow will change to rain which could mean BIG trouble for drivers. On the other hand, it could also mean that the streets will be cleared this afternoon...but for the late evening classes, the rain will just change back over to snow, and the streets will be nothing but sheets of ice.
I'm planning on going to class of course, but I'm curious as to who will actually show up today. It could really get nasty out there. Grrr!! Why did they close the school yesterday and not today?! This is really bad timing on their part...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OOH Be safe!
Post a Comment